Monday, February 11, 2013

The Blog About Being Beautiful

A man recently told me I had swagger. Swagger.

Dictionary.com defines SWAGGER as:

Verb
Walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way: "he swaggered along the corridor".

Noun
A very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive gait or manner.

Adjective
Denoting a coat or jacket cut with a loose flare from the shoulders.

Synonyms
verb.  strut - brag - prance - peacock - boast - swank - vaunt
noun.  strut - swank
adjective.  swell - stylish - chic - spruce


Wow. That sounds pretty manly.

Last Friday night, Amy and I had date night. We went out to a delicious Thai meal: Coconut soup, brown rice and coconut tofu curry. Afterwards, we went back to my place to spend some time with Yomi since her husband was out of town. Yomi is all about beauty and make-up and fancy clothes. She owns this entire nail salon kit and insisted on doing Amy's and my nails. I'll admit I was hesitant, especially about putting bright pink sparkly polish on my fingernails. But they turned out nicely. Sometimes I look down and see a flash of pink; it catches me off guard. "What is on my hand?! ... oh right... I'm a girl." Plus... I am really enjoying the smooth feel of the gel on the tips of my digits.



Sarah came into town to visit her boyfriend this past weekend. We went into town to grab coffee in between my jobs; while we were there, she wanted to hop into Sephora. I don't wear make-up. In fact, the little amount of make-up I do own is from middle school and has been used maybe a handful of times. Hmmmm... I'm pretty sure you are supposed to throw it out after 6 months or something of the sort. So when we passed the eyeliner section, I decided to pick up a couple of pencils. Yup... I even wore it yesterday. It is true, I may have swagger, but I am still a lady.


Yay for mud masks, eyeliner and cute dresses.










No comments:

Post a Comment