Sunday, July 21, 2013

You're Invited!

"Talking to you is like being at a slumber party," my friend said as our conversation neared its end. I couldn't help but laugh. "Seriously! You live such an incredible life! You are constantly pursuing things you are passionate about and you make every task an adventure!"

If I had a theme song that played every time I entered a room, it would be the Indiana Jones theme song because I love adventure. I firmly believe that every day, even the ones filled with mundane errands and uncomfortable situations, should be exciting, memorable and filled with new lessons. Some people get so caught up in each task that they forget to have fun and focus on the simple pleasures of life.

Five of my simplest pleasures in life are as follows: Flannel, a great cup of coffee, conquering a new challenge, being outdoors and staying healthy and active. So what makes me tick while climbing a rock face, training for an Ironman or running up an undiscovered trail? It's a drive to do better, push harder, go further; a desire to discover what I am capable of and inspire others to conquer their goals as well.

So pack your love of adventure, your competitive spirit, your optimistic outlook on life and your favorite flannel shirt because those are the key things that make me tick in this slumber party I call life.

4 comments: