Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend of the Warrior Cry

My chest puffed up in pride all weekend long. My sister has done it: She is a college graduate!


Kaylee is not only my little sister; she is also my very best friend. This girl has a heart of gold and I love bragging about her any chance I get! She worked her butt off to pass math and she finished strong!


My sister is unlike most people. When people ask me what she does for a living, I love watching their expressions as I tell them, "Oh, she works with prostitutes!" (See? What is your expression right now?) Kaylee has always had a huge heart for people in need. I could go on and on about the reasons I want to be just like Kaylee when I grow up, but for now, I'll leave you with this: Beyonce, Tyra Banks and Mother Theresa? They have nothing on my sister (except for two of them are black, so they have that).


Congratulations, Keiki! You did it!


This weekend, I did my first "long bike ride". I rode for 5 hours straight... then I took the dogs on a run, rode my bike home and met up with Lance to go mountain biking for the first time ever. I rode my bike around the circumference of Central Oregon and I can honestly say, The Thunder rocked me. It was such a beautiful day though. The wind was against me almost the entire ride, but I felt super strong and confident in my abilities... I'm beginning to wonder if I should just focus on biking like Greg and Rich have been suggesting all along (they are biased though, so they can't be trusted).


But mountain biking is super fun! Watch out, trails, I think you may be seeing a lot more of me!


Check out what I'll be doing for workouts this week here: http://ashleetrisharder.blogspot.com/p/my-training_7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment