Monday, July 28, 2014

Sea Level to 7,000 Feet

Six days. That is all that is left until I race Ironman Boulder! The day is almost here and I am so not ready.

This last week, I took a group of freshman ladies to Malibu Club in Canada. It's a beautiful YoungLife camp on a private island. As wonderful as the week was, my training regimen was out the window. There is one stretch of boardwalk that reaches half a mile down the island. When I could find a chance to break away, I would run laps on the boardwalk.


"You go, girl!" People cheered as I ran back. "How many laps is that? Nine. You're awesome!"
 
My ego was way off the charts!

I didn't feel tired at all. I'm a stud! Look at me run! Ironman, here I come! 

...Oh wait... I'm at sea level... 

I came back from camp and took my friend up to Club 360. It is a tiny little walk, but I found myself trying to catch my breath as I climbed up the rocks.

Today will be spent trying to catch up on my workouts. I'll leave you with some photos of my trip though!







No comments:

Post a Comment