Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Flat Ab Challenge Final Week

Only a few more days until we take the tape back out and measure you up! I hope you have been working on your cardio and strength, but even if you weren't as spot on as you had hoped, I encourage you to measure and test; take those pictures! Just see the difference and maybe find a little motivation to go one step further!

Today, I am posting the final ab video. Again, there are five movements, which should each be completed for 30-60 seconds five times. I apologize for lack of a full film. My phone does not allow me to upload full films, I guess. Some people had trouble watching my last one, so I went back to the explaining version. Though they are quick explanations, you can always pause the film or write each exercise down before doing the sets on your own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR1PDsfZTSI&feature=youtu.be

A few weeks ago, my girlfriends and I went to see Katy Perry perform in Portland, Oregon. While in town, we ate at PF Chang's, my sister's favorite restaurant. We ordered the lettuce wraps, but as I looked down at the wrap, I couldn't help but notice all of the grease dripping off from the tip. Could this really be the healthiest option?

This week, I have found a healthy lettuce wrap, which is gluten- and dairy-free (celiacs, rejoice!).
Healthy Chicken Lettuce Cups
Recipe from Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites
serves 4

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil, such as Canola or Vegetable
  • 1/2 pound ground chicken breast
  • 2 shallots, sliced
  • 1/4 red onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
  • Minced fresh chilies or jalapeno – more or less depending on how hot you like it
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1/2 lime juiced
  • 1 teaspoon gluten-free soy sauce
  • 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated into “cups”
  • 1 handful of cilantro & mint, cut into finally chopped
DIRECTIONS
Heat a wok (or large saute pan) over high heat. When hot, swirl  1 tablespoon of oil and add the ground chicken. Use your spatula to break up the meat and spread out of the surface of the pan. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Push the ground chicken to one side of the pan and swirl the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil. To the oil, add the shallots, red onion, garlic, and fresh chilies and saute until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds. Add fish sauce, lime juice and gluten-free soy sauce.
Serve with lettuce cups and herbs.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment