Thursday, January 16, 2014

Oh, Baby, You're A Classic

In the winter of 2007, I was living in a small town called Estes Park, Colorado. My boyfriend at the time came out to visit me and arrived the day before the new Fall Out Boy album Infinity on High arrived in stores. Zach (the boyfriend) was an avid musician who was inspired predominately by the works of Fall Out Boy. He and I were listening to FOB even before My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue came out in 2004. We purchased the CD at a Starbucks of all places and listened to it on repeat for the next 6 days. And when I say we listened to it on repeat, I mean we listened to it on repeat on a road trip that lasted 48 hours. Fall Out Boy for 48 hours. Put that CD on seven years later and I still know EVERY. SINGLE. LYRIC. Thank God for that. Best album ever!

I will always be a Fall Out Boy fan. They have gotten a little strange on their latest album. No longer do they struggle to fill the room at a small local venue; these days, tickets to their shows are hundreds of dollars. Believe me, I know: I have been researching tickets for the past three years. I remember when I saw them with 26 other people in the room; it felt more like a house party than a show.

I digress...

A week ago, I asked my friends to suggest names for my new bike, a Felt DA4. Great names were suggested: Tron, My Man, White Lightning, The Chain Smoker and Polar Vortex, to name a few. Well the tallies are in and the winner is... none of the above.

Being a StarWars fan, DeathStar was a consideration, but after my accident, my mom nixed that name.

I seriously considered naming him "My A Game" because I could say things like "Yeah, I'm going to Wildflower this year. And I'm bringing My A Game!" My name is Ashlee... starts with an A... clever, right?

Making myself appear incredibly dorky by saying shiz like that just sounded awesome, so I decided to take that route, but "My A Game" was just too much of a mouthful.

Why in the world did she include that Fall Out Boy story when obviously it has nothing to do with this blog post?!

Oh, right! Fall Out Boy! Thanks for reminding me.

The lovely boys of FOB have a song called She's My Winona. The chorus goes:

Daddy said you gotta show the world the thunder
Whoa the thunder

Thunder. There is a mighty power behind a bolt of thunder...Plus, if I name my bike "The Thunder", he already has a theme song. SOLD.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to The Thunder (Please play theme song while looking at my new boyfriend with ooo's and aww's):







No comments:

Post a Comment