Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Kicking Butt and Wearing Latex While Doing It

A figure dances across the rooftops, her prance light as she leaps from one rooftop to the next. A burglar. A misfit. A gorgeous woman in a tight-fitting suit looking to steal some jewels. She is all of these things and more.

If you haven't guessed yet, I saw the new Batman last night and goodnight nurse! Anne Hathaway was a stud! Sophie, Nicole and I arrived at the theater in Lander and I wasn't sure what to expect. Before the movie even began, Sophie leaned toward me and reminded me that I was about to watch her future husband kick some bad-guy-booty.

"Don't worry," I comforted her. "I won't lust after him."

"Oh, but I will," her eyes were shining brightly, eager to see the man with the mask.

The lights went down, the viewers went silent and the show began.

"I'm totally going to marry Batman," Sophie exclaimed multiple times throughout the movie.

"You can have him," I said. "As long as I can have the police officer from Inception."

"Nicole already called him," she informed me. Nicole looked over at me and smiled with triumph. Dang.

Later, as Catwoman straddled Batman's motorcycle thingymabobber like the bomb was about to go off and it was the only thing that would save her life, Sophie leaned over to me and said, "She is so hardcore... you could totally be Catwoman!" Awww that's such a sweet compliment. So I got stoked on Catwoman. Not only do I want to be her, I want to surpass her. I can have a rockin' body like that and intimidate even the biggest and baddest of men. Bring it! Uh! (If you couldn't tell, that was a chest bump.)

When you want to be better than someone else, what is the first thing you do? Yes, you in the back with your hand raised. That's right, young student: You do your research. So I googled Anne Hathaway and what she did to get her awesome body. Well, for starters, she cut her daily calorie consumption to 1500 calories, refusing to eat meat. According to her personal trainer Arin Babaian, in the gym, Anne did squats, lunges, strength training, kettlebells, and intensive circuit training, including ‘box jumps, pull-ups and handstand push-ups.’ No big deal, right? Well, I'm going to find out.

All I need now is a box, a pull-up bar, lots of fruits and veggies, some red lipsticks, black goggles that look like ears when I put them up, 5-inch heels and a tight latex suit. Hey Anne? Watch it.

Courtesy of Bing.com

1 comment:

  1. Hahahhaah I'm sure you'll fit right in wearing a Catwoman outfit in the middle of Wyoming...

    I bet Catwoman has never run a half marathon, not a full marathon, or even thought about a triathlon... it seems to me like she's got some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete