Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So Not Hot

"Yeah, you used to be hot," Tim says across the table to me.

"Oh wow... thanks," I say sarcastically.

Sophie remembers back to my first day at camp. She was wondering what I would be like. I walked into the office wearing my French jeans, white shirt, brown boots and my scarf from Meggen. Sophie looked me up and down and thought to herself, "She's gonna be... cold."



"You are so much different now, Ashlee," she tells me. "Now I walk into the kitchen and find you wearing your beat-up Toms, jean shorts and that ugly green fleece. Where did you even find that thing?"



"Yeah," Tim agrees. "You used to be hot, but you're so much more attractive now."

Uhmmm I'm confused.

We are on our final break between sessions. I had big plans for this break, but Sweet Baby Sam decided to quit on me and left me deserted at base. Everything happens for a reason though. The fall through in my plans left time for Sophie and I to do some bonding. We soul searched, we explored, we ate... it was a good break.

The first day of break, we met up with Nicole and Christy for grilled cheese, coffee, a movie and Thai food.








That night, as I laid in my bed, something disturbed my sleep at 4:40AM. I looked over and saw the sillouhette of a man setting up his sleeping bag. Thinking it was Tim and wondering why he was in my tent instead of the CD cabin making so much noise when he knew I slept there, I sat up in bed and said, "I thought you were supposed to be in Idaho.

"I was... kinda. But now we're back," the Canadian accent gave away its owner.

"John!"

We spent an hour catching up about his trip to California.

The next day, Sophie and I drove to Jackson in order to find a tire for Sweet Baby Sam. On our way, we stopped at a river and played in the water. We played tag in front of the Tetons and made wishes on flowers. When we drove home, we took a back road to discover new adventures. "Satisfying my curiosity is one of my deepest passions," Sophie claimed. I loved it.
















In the car, I made three new goals for the month of August. 1. Give up coffee. 2. Write a letter of encouragement to someone every day. 3. Run at least one mile every single day.

Well, the coffee will be the biggest struggle obviously. I told Grylls my plan and his only response was to say, "Why?" Yeah, great question. Maybe because it scares me. I've got to face my fears. I mean, the only way to conquer fear is to live dangerously. Giving up coffee for a month... that's pretty dangerous. I should know... Lent was torture. Well, I'll grab my glass of water and toast to goals, adventures and not being hot anymore.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy your break after the dilemma in which it started! Enjoy your final month in Wyoming and we're gonna have to hang out once you get back to Cali!!!

    ReplyDelete