Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kissing the Lipless






Sometimes, God puts a monkey wrench in our plans. Oh, just a heads up: This blog has nothing to do with my training. If you only read this blog for that information, you can skip this one. Otherwise, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

I have found that almost every time I try to make plans or imagine an event occurring a certain way, God likes to remind me of how small I am and how big he is. It's like He is laughing at my belief that I can actually plan my life. This was made abundantly clear to me (once again) on a recent trip to see some friends. I had big plans for what was going to happen. I planned ahead. I bought a special outfit, got my hair cut and was ready for the big event. The big event had no grand finale and my wallet was left a little emptier, my hair a little shorter.

At first, I was disappointed. After some discussion with my dear friend Amy, I realized I was grateful for the monkey wrench. God had bigger plans for me. Then I realized there was something standing between me and my relationship with God. That something was me.

We all know I enjoy a challenge. With the New Year comes a new opportunity to challenge oneself: Set goals, discover oneself, decide what you want from life. This year I want to pursue God. I have noticed that one of my love languages is physical touch. From past events, I don't feel like I have worth unless a man wants to kiss me. So I am going to take that away this year. I have decided not to kiss anyone in the year of 2013. I think it will be good. It will challenge others to pursue me on different levels and it will challenge me to trust God and put my life in his hands.

Challenge? Maybe. Yes. Challenge accepted.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have put this better myself. I am so thankful that God brought you into my life, and I can't wait to go through our kissless 2013 together :)

    ReplyDelete