Thursday, March 29, 2012

I am Woman... Hear my Stomach Growl

After keeping record of my daily calorie consumption on the MyFitnessPal application, I realized I was devouring over 3000 calories a day. "But you're working out all day," said Sharon, as if that gave me an excuse to eat whatever and whenever I wanted. Yes, I am, but if you laid out the amount of food I eat every day, there would be no room left on my dining room table. It's sad, really. I may be working out and keeping a consistent body weight; however, if I want to be light on my bike and easier on my knees, I should eat a bit healthier. More greens, less chocolate.

Oh chocolate. How delicious is chocolate? Well, let me tell you... chocolate is so delicious that I would give up triathlons to sit around and get fat on chocolate all day... well, maybe I would. I ate really healthy today... then I bought a chocolate bar. At least it was organic! I had a friend who had this amazing life goal of growing up to get fat, fat, fat. So fat, in fact, that he would not be able to fit through his front door and when he died of obesity, they would have to use a forklift to get him out of his living room. Unfortunately, this friend died skinny, so I am debating whether or not to live out his dream. Hey, it would be a delicious life.

My new life of luxury
 My training has gone to the dogs. I remember the base period when I way overtrained. Now that I'm in build, I'm skipping workouts, choosing friends over training, eating poorly... ugh. What has gotten into me lately?! It's a little discouraging, but I'm trying to get back on track. I remember when my life was training. My friends were nonexistent. My reading material was Joe Friel's blog. Now my life is relaxing when I'm not working. My friends are dogs that I take on long walks throughout beautiful neighborhoods. My reading material is The Hunger Games, which has nothing to do with training. Discipline, where hath thou gone? I want you back!

The big event is a month away. I am supposed to race this weekend, but I have no motivation. My knee is acting up and my shoulder is giving me grief. Dude, shake it off! Someone needs to kick my butt! Sounds like it's time for a Drea class in the morning!



3 comments:

  1. Ummmm... Chocolate! There's nothing wrong with it, I have a piece every day with lunch :)It helps keep me sane and I don't deprive myself, because if I do I know i'll go nuts the first time i have chocolate... don't you remember when we had pizza at the 12 Apostles in Berlin... Yeah, the first time I had pizza in four years...

    Anyways, don't take it easy this weekend, you need to kick your own butt the next three and then rest up before the big event! You're gonna kill it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude... remember how good that pizza was? And Annie's food baby? Oh man... let's go back.

      Delete
  2. Hahahahah how can I forget? Every time I talk about Germany, I always talk about the 12 Apostles... lol

    Mayterm reunion in Europe... where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete