Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Three Days of Rain

I live in a land of eternal sunshine, so when a day of rain hits my life, I take full advantage of it.

Last weekend, I was able to enjoy three days of rain.

It started Friday night... or Saturday morning, I should say. At 2AM, I was still wide awake texting with a friend. We decided since we were still awake, we might as well meet up at the beach and walk in the rain. It was a beautiful evening. The lights from LA shone through the night as a cool mist poured down on us.

Saturday was just a typical work day in the rain, but ended with a night of sushi and a drive-in movie.

Sunday was the day of fun. Sabrina and I met up early in the morning and hit the trails for a quick trail run before work. The rain had left the trails muddy and slick, but the brisk air kept us strong and alive. My tight hamstring didn't act up until my foot stuck on a rock and I fell down to the ground, twisting my ankle and cutting up my knee... again.

Like a boss, I got up, didn't even look at my knee and just kept running down the muddy trail.

That afternoon, I decided to run up Old San Marcos. I've done it before, but ran 8 minutes, walked 2 minutes, so it took an hour plus some. This time, I felt a lot stronger. I ran all the way to the top without walking. I even became friends with a cyclist who I kept challenging all the way up the road. It took 41:00 flat to touch the stop sign at the top. Next time, I want to get it down to 37:00.


My cycle friend


Four days until my race!

No comments:

Post a Comment