Saturday, April 21, 2012

Doughnut-Flavored Bananas



Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Crazy kids that we are, Sophia and I were awake before the rooster crowed this morning. We both had our new trail running shoes on. We met up before the sun had risen and shone its glorious light across the land. Clad in running tights, new shoes, cozy tops and headlamps, my adventurous friend and I made our venture up the trail. The light from my headlamp lit up the rocks, but every once in awhile I would hear Sophia let out a "ooo!" or an "eek!" as we scrambled over river beds and dodged tree branches. We made it to the top of the trail just as the sun was peaking over the ocean waves. Ahhhh, glorious. God is so good.

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

Rooster, you can stop now. We were up long before you were. Oh, that's kind of sad.

Down the trail we ran. Like gazelles, but not so much because it wasn't very graceful. My blueberry-colored Brooks Cascadias may have gotten a bit muddy. I don't know how Sophia held up in her New Balance, but I don't think the minimalist shoe would have been the best for me on that trail. That girl has the feet of a cat. I'm sure we looked like elephants cuh-clunking down the rock-splattered dirt trail.

We arrived back at the cars to discover that hers would not start. Hmmm lesson of the day: when your gas tank is almost empty, don't park on a hill...

As I drove my little girl to work with the other kids (such a good mom I am), I took a bite of my banana. EWWWW! The last bite tasted like doughnut. It was horrible! I hate, hate, hate the taste of doughnuts. Most people would be stoked to eat bananas and have it taste like a sugary treat, but not I! I needed to get the taste out of my mouth, so, like the other moms, I had to get my morning coffee after dropping the kids off, so I swung by Starbucks for a cheap cup of tea and caught up on my e-mails before work.

Waiting for me was an e-mail from mi padre. MMMMMMMmmmmm backstory time! Whoot!

So, I have this friend named Benny Ben Ben. He is awesome-possum. Anyway, he has this sister who works for this program and well, long story short, I was totally inspired by what she does for a living. I decided to look into it. Last Wednesday on my lunch break, I filled out an application online for this program, which is based in Wyoming. I texted Ben to tell him I was filling it out and I guess he told his sister because his sister called the corporate office to tell them about me. I hit "complete application" button and, literally, packed up my computer, got in my car, started driving to Trader Joe's and my phone started ringing. The call was from a number in Wyoming. I pulled over.

"Hello, this is Ashee speaking," I answered.

The man on the other line told me all about the position and offered me the job. Alright, awesome. Well, now I guess I should think about what this would mean for me...

Anyway, we will skip to what my dad said. Pretty much, he doesn't want me to go backward in life. But he sent me this link, which I hope was a joke and not his way of saying, this is what I see in your future (though I do now have a blog and teach yoga classes... ah! I am old! Eff!):


<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d1ZoEsVZBSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>






1 comment:

  1. Please Please Please do not move to Wyoming... I've already lost Steve and I don't know what I'd do if you decided to take off too :(

    Anyways, That early morning adventure sounds amazing! I think I am going to start doing double days on my days off work. Running in the morning (after a well balanced breakfast of course) and hitting the gym in the afternoon, possible a cycle class at night if possible too.

    I want to be consistently more active any your stories always inspire me to want to do more... now I just need the motivation to do so... If I only had a partner in crime...

    ReplyDelete