Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SNOT What You Think

"Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth."

Recognize those words? If you've ever taken a class with me, you should. How often do I say this phrase, along with "hydrate"?

It was not until I did the Wildflower course that I discovered another reason to breathe this way.

When I work hard, my nose tends to get a little... runny. This happens a lot on the bike, partially because of the wind, partially because I'm cold and mostly because I'm giving it all I have. So my nose was a bit runny up at Lake San Antonio last week.

I began focusing on my breathing and decided to try only breathing through the nose. BAD IDEA! Snot everywhere. All over my face, all over. Ewwwww! So much snot.

Don't you think I am just flat-out gorgeous now? Yeah... maybe snot so much anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment