Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Asking a Triathlete on a Date

Man: Hey, want to get dinner tomorrow night?

Me: Sure, that sounds great!

Man: I'll pick you up at 6?

Me: I work until 7, then I need to train.

Man: Oh, when will you be done training?

Me: Well... I need to swim 2400 meters, bike 50 miles and run a half marathon... I'm in my base phase, so it's a shorter workout.

Man: So when do you think you'll be done?

Me: Uhmm... tomorrow morning might be better. We could grab coffee between my swim and my bike.

Man: What time would that be?

Me: I will have like thirty minutes available between 7:00AM and 7:30AM. 

Man: That's early...

Me: That is when I finish my swim.

Man: Maybe this weekend? Saturday? We could go on a hike.

Me: Sure, do you mind if we run the trail?

Man: How fast?

Me: Well, my coach wants me to hold a 7:00 pace.

Man: For how long?

Me: Three hours.

Man: Maybe you can call me when you finish that and we can get dinner? I'll take you to that new woodfire pizza restaurant.

Me: Oh, I don't eat pizza. I only eat vegetables and lean protein. I'm trying to reach racing weight.

Man: (Silence) See ya never!


Image courtesy of Banksy. LOOOOOVE

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha this is awesome. And I can totally vouch that you are not exaggerating this at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I know, right? This is all from a real conversation... except the bike was 30 miles and the run was 9. But still...

      Delete
  2. PAlEO?

    I am obsessed with how eating Paleo/ crossfit has changed my body physically and visually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Paleo. I just try not to eat any processed foods. But I've read a lot about Paleo for athletes because one of my favorite triathletes swears by it. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. It would have been nice if he too was a triathlete so you both can train side-by-side/date. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did date a triathlete and it was perfect! Instead of going out to dinner or a movie, we would do hill sprints or ride our bikes 50 miles. Best type of boyfriend there is!

      Delete