Friday, April 19, 2013

Girl, You Be Looking Fine In Them Momo Drawers

"Do you have a pen and paper handy," the woman on the other end of the line asked me. She was calling from the surgical center informing me of the things to do and not to do for my upcoming surgery. "Do not wear jewelery. No lotion. Please brush your teeth. You may wear underwear and a sports bra under your hospital gown."

Shoot. Underwear. When I threw a few precious belongings in my Dakine before heading north, I had grabbed maybe 4 pairs of cute, lacy thongs to wear in Oregon. I figured I would be the only one seeing my underwear, so I might as well feel good about myself in what I was wearing; there seemed to be no need to cover my ghetto booty up with some boy shorts or cheeky underwear.

It was time to do some shopping and who better to go shopping with than my dear friend Monica.

After filling our bellies to the brim with delicious Thai food, we walked over to the store.

"These are cute," she said, lifting up some polka dot underwear. "And look! Rachel Zoe wears them!"

They were very cute, but when it comes to lingerie, I am severely picky. I am the girl who collects Italian lingerie from stores like Intimissimi in Europe; this girl does not settle for Victoria's Secret. Obviously, I was not going to find my style here, so I might as well have fun while looking.

"You could get grannie panties," Monica suggested.

As soon as the diaper-looking article crossed my vision, I pounced over the racks to the fine white panties and held them up to me. "What do you think," I asked.
 

I spent about 10 minutes trying on different types of Momo Drawers over my pants. Quail Man could take some fashion advice from me when it comes to wearing underwear over your jeans.

Looking "Cheeky" from the back!


Momo Drawers at their finest

In the end, I could not justify spending $15 on lace Momo Drawers, so I settled with a pair I MIGHT wear again and walked confidently over to the checkout stand.

Don't worry, Momo Drawers; I'll be back for you in 50 years...

1 comment: