Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In Need of a Dictionary

"Oh, Lord, please don't let this be the day my legs give up on me."

Despite the fact that my run would be a short 35-minute force run, I could feel the accumulation of stress from 7 straight days of hard cycling wearing on me.

2.5 mile warm-up followed by force drills with a 5:00 cool down. That was enough for me. It was interesting watching the lunch time crowd at the track; there is a huge variety of people! A group of athletes was there doing a workout, serious runners were leaving the joggers in the dust, some young women were trying to master stadiums at a slow pace and four boys playing a game of four square soccer. I felt accomplished being out at the track with a purpose. There was no one there keeping me accountable or making me do force drills, I was there because I wanted to be.

The boyfriend and I grabbed lunch together after. A big burrito. Yumm. I could feel my stomach expanding though. I never know how to stop eating. I know when I'm full, but I continue to eat anyway. I need to learn how to put the burrito down.

Next on my list was a swim workout. I was not looking forward to it. I hate the pool. I hate the act of swimming. Chlorine. Yuck. Laps back and forth. Yuck. But sometimes we have to do things we don't like in order to grow. Surprisingly, my swim was great! Fifty-five quick minutes of pyramids. I'm just trying to improve my form at this point. My endurance is still lacking. Any tips on improving that would be much appreciated.

This morning I tried to get my tri program running.... one person showed up. At least one is better than none, right? And she did REALLY well! I'm stoked on her! I led her and my boss in a quick 50-minute indoor spin-up ride this morning. I felt strong for that, but last night's Power Cycle class was still holding on to my quads. They were yelling at me to stop, but I don't think the word stop is a part of my vocabulary. Hmmm I should probably ask my kindergarten grade teacher to define that word for me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment