Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To Rest or Just Suck It Up... That is the Question

Today has been weird. Very weird. My 60-minute cycle class this morning was horrible. I made everything up on the spot and didn't get to work on the aerobic endurance portion I had originally intended to include. It was my dear friend's last day taking my class before she moves to Virginia. Virginia? Really? Ugh. This girl has been a motivator and an accountability partner for one and a half years now. I really don't want her to leave. Maybe that's why I've been in a funk. She's one of those girls you can rely on for anything and she is one of my favorite running buddies. Ahhh! If you're reading this, Eva, don't leave me!!!

Teaching aerobics and balance was like watching water boil on a luke warm furnace. It took forever. I wanted to go home and clean. And as soon as it was over, that's exactly what I did. The boyfriend came over for lunch after his bike ride. That's one thing I adore about Josh; he's passionate about living an active lifestyle, just like me. I skipped out on my run so I could spend time with him and have some alone time by myself. I needed it. Before I knew it, I had 30-minutes before my first appointment at work and my scheduled run is a 45-minute speed skills run. No time for that. So I chugged the last of the latte I had made earlier and headed to work.

I taught my circuit class, which was hard for me today. That is embarrasing to admit. That class is usually a breeze, but today I was just over it. I'm trying so hard to be happy and convince everyone around me that I'm stoked to be at work, but I'm just not feeling it. I must be a great actress though, because several people commented that they loved that I'm always smiling even when working.
Tonight I teach my strength and conditioning class. My fingers are crossed that some of my high school boys show up. Since basketball season started, I've been missing having them in class. I have no idea what we will do in class today, but I will work them hard, as always. The majority of that class is men and I love it! Last week I only had one woman. The fact that guys come to that class and sweat and groan and complain about still being sore 3 days later makes me feel like Tony from P90X. Yeah, I'll make you hurt and I'll smile while I do it.

Now the real question: Stay up late and run after class til 10PM or just go home and actually sleep for once? I know tomorrow is crazy busy and I might not have time to get all three of my workouts in (what am I talking about? I always make a way), so I'm even more inclined to do it... at the same time, my body is not feeling it and I'm pretty sure my inspiration (Joe Friel) says DO NOT WORK OUT WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL THE MOTIVATION. Later he says DO NOT MISS A WORKOUT! Ah! Who to listen to? Joe Friel or Joe Friel? My body or my goals? Stuh-ressed.

3 comments:

  1. I had read about your athletic endeavors on FB, but was surprised to learn that you are doing each element (run, bike, swim) daily.

    Very relatable! I was supposed to run today and had a terrible headache. I let that be my excuse to not run, and now I'll have to do double duty tomorrow. No rest for the wicked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm rest! Im sure your body needs it that is why you are thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. listen to your body, and push extra hard tomorrow.

    -Kaley

    ReplyDelete