Monday, February 6, 2012

Ashlee. YAY!

5:15 AM, Thursday, February 2nd.
I rolled out of bed and threw on as many warm layers as possible. North Face running tights. Check. Sports bra. Check. Lulu tank top. Check. Adidas long sleeve top. Check. Lulu zip-up. Check. Neptunic sweatshirt. Check. Knit scarf from Eva. Check. KrochetKids beanie. Check. Brooks PureCadence. Check. Lots and lots of layers. Lots and lots of me looking very unappealing. My Pillsbury Dough Boy self rolled up to the pool at 6AM and clocked in. Time to train my little triathlete Dani. I gave her the set and watched her form as I chitchatted with Austin, who was lifeguarding. We talked all about personal training and teaching classes and working with people of different fitness abilities. It was fabulous.

After training, I drove to Coffee Bean and grabbed a soy vanilla latte. I am a coffee addict. I've taken after my mother. This is a bad thing, a very bad thing... I NEED my coffee to get through the day.


So I got my coffee and headed to the next job location. There I sat for an hour before my first client of the day. It was a fabulous day! I worked with clients and taught aqua aerobics and cycle class. After my final client, I jetted off to my next job! I taught three more classes then it was time for a break! I ran home (literally) and grabbed my swimsuit. When I got to the pool, Jameisha was already in the water! She saw me and waved and I knew then and there I had to commit to this endurance set. I hopped in the water and we began. 1x200, 2x175, 3x150, 4x125, 5x100, 6x75. We were supposed to finish off with 7x50 and 8x25, but it was getting late and I needed to clean before my parents arrived the next day. I felt great about the swim. It was hard, but I did it. It was helpful to have Jameisha sharing my lane. We swim a similar pace, which keeps us accountable to one another.

Friday morning, I went to the running strength class. So great! After, I rushed to work for our Friday challenge then rushed to teach aerobics and balance to my older active adults. It was the end of my crazy week, so I went to Lulu to celebrate.


You are probably looking at the photo above wondering if I tried on everything in the store... Yes, pretty much... they gave me the "special" room... This was just one wall. My chalkboard read: "Ashlee. YAY!" Yup, they knew I was here to spend some money. I left the store with one new pair of pants, five new tops and two new sports bras. Hey, I can write it off on my taxes, right? Wahoo!

After shopping, I went on a quick 5-mile run, which gave me just enough time to throw clean clothes on and rush to work for the second half of our Friday challenge. After classes, my friend picked me up and we went to see "Unbreakable", a movie about the Western States 100. It was so inspiring! If you ever have the opportunity to watch it, please do. Here is one reason to watch it: My new goal is to compete in the Western States 100 by 2015. I have to do a 50- or 100-mile qualifying run, but then I'm in! Get stoked!

Saturday's classes went well. My Pilates class had only 13 people, which was a huge difference from the typical 18-19, but it was nice because we had more room. From class, I embarked on my 2-hour bike ride. I did some hill work, but I felt totally out of control on my bike. Even grabbing water felt awkward and uncomfortable... not a good sign. The day was perfect though. The ocean was amazing. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to ride. I bricked the ride with a 15-minute run to grab chocolate milk from the store.

My parents arrived after my ride and we went straight to the beach for a sunset walk. It was gorgeous, but cold.

Mom came to my cycle class on Sunday and she did wonderfully! I was very proud of her! After work, we had lunch then went out to the butterfly reserve and met up with Sophia. Sophia and I immediately started our ten-mile run. It was the most beautiful day in the most beautiful area and I was so excited to be running! I'm feeling confident about Sunday's race. I know this run is just for training, not competition, so I'm not going to run to win; I just want to go out and have a good time!



 This morning, I made my Cycle 60 class as well as my Power Cycle class spend the entire hour out of the saddle. This was all inspired by Mr. Rich Hummel, who I aspire to be like one day! It was a hard class, working on anaerobic endurance in zone 5. Both of my classes loved it! I also did a recreational swim, but I never got to my weights.

Today, Mom spoiled me. I got some new pants and I am so tempted to wear them on Sunday! No one will be able to take their eyes off of me... which puts a lot of pressure on my run, but they are so perfect for Valentines! This weekend is going to be awesome! I cannot wait to run another half with my dear friend Weston and to pace Sophia on her first event! San Diego, here we come!!

New pants!
Yay for running buddies!

2 comments:

  1. Sunday, Here we come! I am hurting just thinking how you can do three cycle classes back-to-back. I have a hard enough time getting through one... I guess that means I need to mix up my training and get some more cycling in! You need to share some of your workout playlists so I can get pumped up and take my training to level Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you been reading? I'm all about the country music! "Country girl, shake it for me, girl, shake it for me, girl, shake it for me!"
      That and pop punk and ACDC.

      Delete