Thursday, February 16, 2012

London Bridges Falling Down

Sophia and I drove home Tuesday. Of course, I started the morning with a dance party; unfortunately, Sophia wasn't feeling it that morning.


We grabbed our Bird Rock Coffee with the parents then sadly made our way to the car. Goodbye, San Diego! I will see you next month!

These are Sophia's awesome new Lulus! So glad she kept them!
 Of course the road trip was awesome! We started off with my Country Girl song so I could do some shaking and some shimmying. We stopped and saw my dear friend Lara and her new baby Abraham. I cannot believe that Lara is married with a baby now! It is absolutely crazy! But I am so happy for her! Being with Dana on Monday and Lara on Tuesday made me realize how much I miss my college community. I am seriously considering moving down to San Diego as originally intended and getting plugged in with people my age. Dana's lease is up in half a year, so this may be the perfect opportunity for us to live together once again. There are so many fitness opportunities there and most of my dad's side of the family is in the area... there really isn't much reason not to go.

Beautiful Lara and Baby Abraham
Last night, I went on a night hike with Sophia and Ben; I asked what their biggest fears were. Ben responded that his biggest fear was that he will get comfortable in life. I don't know if I'm comfortable currently, but I'm definitely not uncomfortable. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world, I am blessed with a phenomenal family and sensational friends, I attended one of the best colleges in the United States, I work at a job where I am using my degree... I'm pretty comfortable. A huge part of me wants to move and to get outside of my comfort box, but I am so scared of leaving all I know and love. There is nothing better than going into a class and knowing the name of every person in the room... not only their first name, but also their last name, where they came from originally, how many children they have, their profession... I can tell you the names of Kristin's dogs, where Tim's kids go to summer camp, how many students are in Kim's class, Sabina's favorite movie.... I don't want to leave that! Someday, I know things will change, but for now, I'm comfortable. Maybe it is time to move to San Diego and challenge myself.

Anyway, back to the road trip...

We didn't run into very much traffic, so we got home with a little over an hour to spare. Nash told me I had to run 7 miles that day and I knew it wouldn't happen after work, due to the hike, so we did our run on the beach.


It was gorgeous outside and I was so grateful I had time to run! We ran the cliffs above the ocean. It's the same run I used to do every single day, but it was new for Sophia. We were cruising, going a little faster than we were supposed to for an easy run, but it felt good to run again. We had told Weston we would do another half marathon on Valentines day, so we had to get our mileage in. Haha. When we hit mile 2.75, I looked out to the ocean; it was so clear and blue. I was in awe of its beauty when my toe struck an obstacle and I slid for home base... I'm  not joking. It was as if I was diving for a volleyball. I am so fortunate I did not hit my face. My wrist bent at a funny angle, my right elbow slid across the concrete and my hips and knees took a beating. I got up and we walked about 400 meters so I could shake it off, then we started a light run back. The rest of the run really was light. We averaged about 10:00 miles. My clothing was rubbing against my wounds and it was not a fun feeling. I am so thankful Sophia was there, though embarassed that this was the third time she had witnessed me falling. This is so weird! I have never fallen while running until now and I can't understand what is wrong with me!

My body tells me no, but I won't stop 'cause I want more...
Yesterday I made some fun valentines for my coworkers and for Doug's birthday.



Sophia and I did a 7-mile speed run yesterday. 2-mile warm-up, 2x800m with a 400m rest, 4x400m with a 100m rest and a 2-mile cool down. Times:

2-mile warm-up:21:00
800m: 4:05
400m: 3:01
800m: 3:50
400m: 2:52
4x400m: 1:52, 1:54, 1:51, 1:42
2-mile cool down:18:56

Unfortunately, we had to do it on a treadmill, but we did it! We ended the night with Pure Awesomeness. Then I went home and fell backwards over a box and landed on my wrist... while texting Sophia. Sophia, you are my falling charm!!! Stop it!

2 comments:

  1. hahahah I see you are taking a page to of my book and training indoors! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you did beat me, so I figure it can't hurt...

      Delete