Thursday, February 23, 2012

Life Without Coffee

Last Tuesday, I had two cups of coffee. Yes, two. I knew it was my last chance to fuel up before lent. Oh, why did I decide to give up on coffee? I am sorry, my dearest caffeine container, for I have deserted you! Seriously, I miss my coffee! And it doesn't help that I only slept 3 hours on Tuesday night and 5.5 hours last night. Honestly, I don't know how I am awake right now... if you could call what I am "being awake".

Wednesday was rough. Somehow I had tons of energy for my cycle class, so they got their butts kicked. Then I met up with the kiddos at the coffee shop. Why did I put myself into a place of temptation? I have no freaking clue! But I resisted the temptation and sipped on my water. The energy stuck with me throughout my aerobics and balance classes and into lunch. I had a wonderful lunch date, so maybe the anticipation of good food and fellowship was what kept me going through my morning routine.

After lunch, I decided to go home and shower off before work. I saw my bed and decided maybe a shower could wait. I set an alarm, read a little bit of a book my parents gave me for Christmas and fell asleep. Rarely am I able to sleep in the middle of the day, but I did it! Unfortunately, when my alarm went off, I couldn't get myself up. I called into work and my appointment had cancelled, so I slept a little more, than got up and made green tea. How good would coffee taste in that moment? My tin of BirdRock was sitting lonely on the counter, beckoning me to throw some in my espresso machine. Alas, I had to resist.

Work went well. I won't go into details. I taught classes, trained people... it was magical. Sophia and Jameisha were talking at the end of my class.

"Are you training for something," asked Jameisha.

"You are always training for something when you take an Ashlee class," came Sophia's response. I love my friends.

I thought I would fall asleep immediately when I got home, but I couldn't. I had to be at work at 5:30 AM and I still had to shower and prepare for my long day beforehand. It was difficult getting out of bed, but it had to be done. Cycle went well, aqua aerobics was fun, my clients were great... but the real thrill of my day was my lunch hour cycle class! One of the gentleman walked in and asked, "So are you going to be mean or nice today?" That's when I decided to make it even harder than was planned. The class only lasted for 45-minutes, but every single one of the 23 participants left class drenched in sweat. Yup, that's right. They don't call me "Guantanamo" for nothing.

This blog really doesn't have much to say... probably because I'm barely awake right now. Mostly, I wanted to post the pictures from Windansea and the race! They are here!

The hut



Best Parents


My beach





Mwah-hahaha. They haven't seen this yet, but Cody and Sophia got new haircuts!

And I thought it would be stupid to pose

I want to grow up to be like Weston

Dying

Weston said Country Girl must have been playing
Place Weston's photo up top and mine on bottom

1 comment:

  1. Ashlee, I am so proud of you giving up coffee for lent, if you're anything like me you will get hooked on tea, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. At least its a way to get your caffeine fix in!

    By the way, I LOVE the pics you posted from the race; however, I'd argue that I look really goofy 'posing' lol. and dont kid yourself, you look great in your pictures, you look so happy while your running... even when setting a new PR! what a champion!

    ReplyDelete