Friday, February 10, 2012

Taking Back Wednesday

Another day from hell came to me on Wednesday. It started out REALLY well! Cycle class went well and everyone talked about how sore they were. La-di-da. Then Mavel and I got to Grind it up and chat over bagels. That was lovely. We had some great conversation and I left feeling stoked for my long day.

Then hell arrived. There was no parking at the retirement community, so I was running late for work and got scolded by one of the older ladies in my aerobics class. She did it nicely, but it irritated me. "We've been waiting for you," she exclaimed in her cheery voice. "Maybe if you had more than 5 visitor parking spots, it wouldn't be a problem," I thought to myself. After class, my keys went missing. I had planned to read Drea's blog during my 30-minute break between classes, but my phone was in my car and my keys were NO WHERE to be found. I searched and searched. I walked out to my car, which was parked far down the hill, and they weren't there either. "Bum!" I thought. I called my parents. Neither answered. "AAAAAGGGGHHHH," I groaned. Tears may have formed in my eyes a little bit, but I stayed strong. This is not the first time my keys have run away from me. I decided to check with the receptionist. Low and behold, someone had seen them on the floor in the kitchen when I picked up the water for class and turned them in. Praise Jesus!

I went to my next job later and was just stressed and unhappy all day. "Snap out of it," I thought, but everything seemed to be irritating me. I think I missed my parents a little too much. Circuit class went well though with five new people. Then I went up to my office and the tears came. I sat and I sobbed. Mavel came up and comforted me. Sophia made three. Doug came to give me a hug. Supportive friends are awesome! I really had nothing to cry about, I just wanted to be frustrated. Then the text arrived. I'm not even going to tell you what the text said or who it was from, but it got me excited. All of a sudden, I had to change my class routine. Since I have my half marathon this weekend, I was going to have an easy class, but this text changed my mind. "Alright," I thought. "How hard can I kick these people's butts?"

Class was so fun! I had twenty participants and they all had a good time! Not one person completed every single workout without having to take a break. Even Oliver, Jameisha and Austen, who have perfect form and are athletes, were struggling. Take that, Wednesday!!

After class, Sarah, Sophia and I grabbed dinner then I went home and talked to Steven for over an hour. I miss that kid so much! Steven, come home!!!

Thursday made up for Wednesday 100% and more! It was a fantastic day. I taught a 6AM and 7AM class for Bob then went to meet my first client at 8:15 at my next job. I was dreading teaching aqua aerobics, but it was actually really fun. It was a smaller class and everyone paid attention. Instead of the usual structure I follow, I switched it up a bit and class flew by! Next thing I knew, I was in the locker room changing and women were coming up telling me how they love that I'm always changing things and challenging them. It was very encouraging.

I went out to see my next client then taught cycle. Thursday's cycle class is my favorite! They are always ready to be pushed and challenged to the limits! Some of my morning usuals and a Monday participant came to the class because they wanted to take more of my classes. My class was filled. The Monday evening woman said, "I am so sore from standing on Monday! Please don't make us do that again!" I said I would make it easy since I have my event this weekend, but Barry looked over and said, "Easy?! Excuse me, what's your name again?" He's right... I don't have an easy button... So I just made it aggressive.  It was one of the best classes I've taught. At the end, I made everyone who hadn't finished their water do ten push-up holds. And they LOVED it!

Before running to my next job, I had an hour, so I swam. I gave up 45 minutes into it though because my shoulder was hurting. "If you listen to your body whisper, you'll never have to hear it scream." -Author Unknown. Me stopping when I'm hurt? I know... that doesn't happen. But I knew I needed to back off or else I wouldn't be able to swim for a couple of weeks. I can barely lift my arm at the moment.

From the pool, I drove out to the track to meet Dani and Richard. We did a 5-mile easy run then barefoot hill sprints with easy recoveries for an hour. After pushing them, I met up with Sophia and did a quick, light 25-minute run. Afterwards, I grabbed a smoothie and met up with Jameisha for the first Tri Club meeting of the year. It was great to hear the athlete's stories of Ironman successes and how much hiring a coach helped them. I'm tempted to hire a coach for my ultra-marathon and Ironman if I do them.

Perfect evening for an easy run.
After the meeting, I drove out to Evan's and saw his new apartment. Dang, that boy is clean! His apartment is so stylish. It looks like a page out of an interior designing catalog. He makes me so jealous! I wish I could be neat and tidy and clever like him. Evan is just the coolest guy. I am so grateful for his friendship. His mom was in one of my fitness classes and I fell in love with her immediately. As soon as I met her, I wanted to be like her when I grew up. Then I started training her daughter for soccer and fell in love with her. There was this adorable boy who I used to check into the gym when I worked front desk. When I found out it was Judy's son, I wasn't surprised. Of course the cutest boy I had ever seen is the son of the sweetest woman I have ever met. So we became fast friends and I adore that family. I would like to believe I'm actually a part of their family. I mean, I spent Thanksgiving with them. I'm pretty much the adopted daughter, right? And I'm meeting with Judy today for a lovely walk. Can't wait!

This morning, I had Drea's strength class. It was hard to get out of bed this morning, so I was a little late, but it still kicked my butt. I decided since I was so far north, I might as well go walk on the bluffs and spend some time with God. When I got back on the freeway to go to work though, I got stuck in traffic. Ugh. But class was great and I got to hang out with Sarah and life is so good. I am so tired and my body is hurting, but I could not be more excited for this weekend with Sophia and Weston! Let's go dominate, kids!





2 comments:

  1. Im glad to hear your day came around well. Hahahah you, easy button? who are you trying to kid! Anyways, I hope your knee is feeling better and I can't wait to see you this weekend, run around San Diego, and have fun with wild animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! If you need to cry together let me know. Don't think you need to hold it all in, God makes us strong in our weaknesses. Let God be your strength.

    ReplyDelete