Wednesday, February 8, 2012

He Has Some... Synonym for Guts

Remember that episode of Friends where Pheobe Buffet is dating the athletic guy that wears really short shorts and all of her friends are aftraid to tell her that his junk is sticking out? Well, yesterday, I worked with that same man... but 50 years older. If you do the math, that makes him 80-years-of-age plus. This man, his lover and myself were working with weight machines. I had him sit down on the rotary torso... harmless, right? Wrong. He started twisting and as he turned... well, I didn't need to see what I saw. Aw man. To be honest, I don't think he cared that he was putting it all on display.

How can I apply this to my training? To be honest, I really can't, so I'm going to pretend that there was a reason I told you that story. Just like the old man, we need to be willing to put our stuff on display. No, no, no... not in a perverted way. I mean our talents. If we've been blessed with strong quads, we need to build those in cycling and running. If we have slim bodies, we need to keep them nourished and strong so we can speed past all the other athletes. Do you get my drift? An unknown individual once said, "We swim because we are too sexy for a sport that requires clothes". He gets it! ...Sort of. Eh, I'm just rambling to ramble.

On another note, I have been very proud of myself lately. After a week off from teaching my cycle classes, I came back last Monday and Claire exclaimed, "Yay! Please say you're back for good!" This woman was the last person I thought would ever say that to me. When I started teaching, I honestly thought she hated me, but she loves my teaching style now and that makes me ecstatic! Today, people commented that their quads were sore from standing throughout all of Monday's class. Mark, a sensational cyclist, complained that he could barely get out of his chair yesterday. Awesome!! Becky told me that Katee Grace came up to her yesterday and didn't even use my name; all she said was, "She made us stand the entire class!" And Becky knew EXACTLY who she was! I'm so proud of myself for my development!


Weston claims this is what he'll be wearing on Sunday. After my story, I pray he reconsiders...

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I love it! It sounds like me and that old man are going to be best friends come Sunday morning! Im still reconsidering my choice of clothing for this Sunday's race, however, if I could find a pair to match your new pants... that would seal the deal!

    ReplyDelete